Helping you get started with Perl 5....
There are many reasons to use Perl, including 108,000 modules ready for you to use.
- List contents of a directory
- Validate an email
- Sending an email
- Read a spreadsheet
- Setting up a local static web server
- Reading and writing to file
- Processing configuration files
- Resolving DNS
- > Installing Perl 5 - and setup guide
- > First program - and some basic best practices
- > Perl Modules - introduction
- > Examples - what can you do with Perl?
- > Perl documentation
- > Perl books
- > Frequently Asked Questions
What would you like to learn?
Existing developers / system administrators
If you are already a developer or systems administrator, in any language, on any platform, please skim through the site, there are lots of details and resources which you will still find useful. It is also worth reviewing to find out what 'Modern' Perl actually is.
If you see this image: the link before it will take you to an external website.